What is a Dashboard?A Dashboard is an effective way of organizing reports into a single page to get a quick look into the Key Metrics. It provides a control framework to keep people aligned and growth on track. They need to be transparently accessible across the organization. Benefits of Dashboard: Dashboard is a one-page summary which will allow you to consolidate information from your organization. Some of the benefits of dashboard are
- Drill into detail.
- Intuitive data presentation
- Mobile device accessible.
The Main Purpose of the Dashboard?Dashboard is a data visualization which allows users to understand the process of their business.
What are the Different Types of Dashboards?The different types of dashboards are:
- Operational dashboards: It will tell you what is happening now.
- Strategic dashboards: It tracks the key performance indicators.
- Analytical dashboards: It will process data to identify trends.
To Build a Great Dashboard You Need to:
- Identify and clearly articulate your objectives
- Identify the metrics that should tell if I am moving towards my objectives (Lead Indicators)
- Identify the points of data collection
- Create an auto-mechanism to channel the data from the location to Spreadsheet
- Identify the lag indicators that impact the group of lead indicators